Saturday, January 30, 2010

Few of my Fav Vain Items

I am sure I am not alone when I say I have a few vain items I can't live without. I know I could but I love them!!! And I think I need them!!! I am about to share my secrets, you may laugh or you may be the one that says "Hey, I want to try that too!"

My #1 item I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! I found my new best secret the week Hart was born. After a 11:00 pm NICU feeding Jonathan and I headed to Wal-Mart for pantyhose for my baby shower. (I was going to wear pantyhose to hide my baby weight from giving birth just 7 days before) Anyway, while at Wal-Mart I peeked in to take a look at their shapewear....and there she was my little Sweet Nothings. I do not wear a dress without her! I have two different styles; one is a boy short for shorter dresses and I have a longer style that comes just above my knee. I highly recommend them over Spanx. For around the same price of Spanx you can pick yourself up about 4-7 pairs. Prices start at about $8+. While around Wal-Mart this weekend stop in and pull, tug, etc. check them out. Sweet Nothings by Maidenform





I love Clairol Perfect 10 hair color. Once, again after having Hart I was looking for ways to save money on myself so I can spend more on him. As Moms we are all guilty of this. So I decided to try coloring my hair at home. For those who don't know I must color my hair b/c I have been turning gray since I was 16! That is right...my sister who is 2 years older than me does not have the 1st gray hair but I do. This product caught my eye 1st b/c the color was so close to my natural hair color and it only takes 10 mins. Also, a small bonus it smells really nice to. To give you a color idea I use 6.5A Lightest Cool Brown. Cost is around $14.99 but I try to watch CVS and pick it up when they have it on sale for $9.99.









Crest Whitestrips Premium or Advanced Seal a box of these can last me almost 6 mths. I had been using Crest Whitestrips for about a year when I asked my dentist what he recommended to whiten teeth. And guess what he recommended...Crest Whitestrips. I use them once maybe twice a week only 1 time during the day every few weeks as I feel I need to. I do not use them more than that, they can make my teeth very sensitive. The only time I didn't use them was while I was expecting, he recommended that I didn't. The cost usually $34.99+ but always check the newspaper for a coupon and get them then.


I have very dry skin and I can't stand for my skin to feel tight and dry. For about two years I have been using Clinque Supermoisture makeup w/ dramatically different moisturizing lotion for very dry skin and I have never been happier. If you have the same problem I would stop by and see if you Clinque crew would give you a sample. I also believe Clinque at our Belk in Gainesville has a free gift going right now. Can't really give you a price point b/c I pick mine up sometimes at Belk or at the outlet if they have my color.






My little helper for my flat fine hair was found at my favorite CVS! Christophe Volume Mousse, I add this to my hair at the roots right before I blow dry and can really tell a big difference. It retails for $8.99 but this week it is on sale for $4.99. I will be stocking up. Great week to try this out and if you don't like it you only lost $5 bucks and pass it on to a friend to see if they like it. But trust me I believe you will LOVE IT!



Shhhh, here I go again telling about my under garments. For years I have fallen in love with Hanes No Show Panties which once again I can only find the silky ones at Wal-Mart. They don't lie they really are the only no show panties I have found out there. I gave up wearing "strings" as my Mama called them after I was informed how unhealthy they really are for you. They must be very popular b/c every time I find them in human colors...black, tan, white I have to search for my size in my favorite style. I can't stand pink, purple, goofy color panties. Ladies unless you are under 10 don't wear these. No one likes to see someone bend over flashing hot pink panties, we do really look silly. But that is just my opinion. Retail $8.50 for 3 pairs

My 2009-2010 Winter fashion must have George Tights. Guess where I can only find them...Wal-Mart. Love these tights they are thick, warm, and even have control top! They also hold up very well during many washes which is hard to find. They retail for $5.99. Be a rebel and pick up some fun ones as well as your basic brown and black.

Now that we are slimmed, with great hair, makeup, and smile grab yourself my favorite coffee of all time!!! Dunkin Donuts Original Blend once you join us you will never turn back. My local Sam's Club has a large bag for only $16.99. Grab a cup and enjoy being a Fabulously Frugal Mom!









No comments:

Post a Comment