Monday, January 18, 2010

Crazy Couponing

Everyone has been asking about my coupon class from Saturday so I thought I would share a few tips and ideas that I found useful. First thing I would like to share is that these tips really do work! I went shopping at Publix Sat. night and bought $98 in groceries and only paid $53 that is a savings of $43 dollars. Isn't that great? Here are a few of the tips.

*You must change you way of shopping. If you are like me you shop for what you need when you need it. Ex. we are out of paper towels we buy paper towels. Well that is all WRONG!!! You shop for what is on sale and use your coupon for that item on sale. Ex. Publix has Progressive Soup on sale for BOGO $2.29 and I have two coupons for 0.50 off so I pay $1.29 for two cans which equals 0.65 each. Bottom line I saved a total of $1.64 off each can. Wow!

*For the avg family of 4 they recommended cutting two papers of coupons on Sunday. They also recommended using the AJC for this. Also, clip every coupon! You may in the end get some of the items you never would of used for free and you can donate them.

*Going back to stopping the shopping for only the items you need. They taught us to purchase and build a stash with the items on sale. In the south coupons cycle around about every 6 wks so about the time you need to rebuild your stash you will have a coupon.

*Everyone has their favorite stores to shop, mine in the past has been Kroger but I now know to shop Publix BOGO sale! Publix BOGO + coupon = HUGE SAVINGS! Also, I love CVS and their ECB (extra care bucks). The key to using these is multiple transactions. Use your ECB for other purchases during the same trip.

*We also learned to us a coupon spreadsheet. You can make your own and I highly recommend it. I used mine for my grocery list and stuck to it. Make one column for the items, retail $, sale $, store Q (coupon), MFR Q, & final value. Do the math before you shop to see what you are really saving.

I have found it to be useful to attach my store Coupon spreadsheet with my coupons and sale paper. That way I have everything together.

*They also touched on organizing you coupons. You can use a file system, shoebox, bag, or notebook with baseball card holders. Also, divide them any way you prefer by type, letter, etc. What ever works for you! I prefer the notebook with card holders. I like seeing the coupons I have out in the open.

This class was awesome and the ladies were awesome as well. They have really made this their ministry to teach and touch other women through their coupon class. I am going to see if we can have the ladies come to my home church of Talmo Baptist and teach a class. Please let me know if you would be interested in attending this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment